Lough Muckno Leisure Park
|Establishment Name:||Lough Muckno Leisure Park|
|Address:||Lough Muckno Leisure Park|
Hope gave his name to the internationally known Hope Diamond, which had been cut from the Tavernier, the largest blue diamond in the world. The diamond had formed part of the French Crown Jewels but was stolen during the French Revolution. It later turned up at an auction in London and was bought by Henry Thomas. It was reputed to be unlucky however and Henry Thomas disposed of it in 1867.
The Hope family had fallen on lean times by 1916 and sold out to return to England. Hope Castle now houses a restaurant and lounge and the grounds of the estate now form the wonderfully scenic Lough Muckno Leisure Park.